Stockton House School is determined to do its bit for the environment and so we are already making some changes in our school to effectuate this.
- We are no longer going to use paper hand towels in the Nursery / Kindergarten toilets – as these run out we are replacing them with flannels that the children can use and which can be washed over and over again
- We are no longer using anti-bac wipes in the classrooms. Classroom surfaces will be cleaned with wet (washable) cloths and cleaner on a daily basis.
- We are cutting down on the amount of paper we produce and send out, so emails and social media platforms will be the main form of school-parent communication. Please make sure that you have added our email addresses to your safe senders list and inform us of any changes to your personal details.
- We collect milk bottle tops for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care so please do not throw these away! Tell family and friends to start collecting and bring them into school to make a difference – we just ask that you please wash them before bringing them in.
- We collect used stamps for the Dogs Trust as well as other animal welfare charities so please cut them out and bring them in!
- We are now collecting and recycling felt-tip pens as well as other marker pens (not biros, crayons or pencils) so bring in any pens that have had their day and drop them off in reception
- We can always use old yoghurt pots / dessert pots for junk modelling so don’t have them clog up your recycling! Bring them into school and have your children turn them into something fantastic!